Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4. John Lennon: All I Want Is The Truth

Partridge, Elizabeth. John Lennon: All I Want Is The Truth. London: Penguin Books, 2005. Text.
Annotation: "Rock 'n' roll was real.  Everything else was unreal.  To me it got through."
Justification for Nomination: This autobiography on the life of John Lennon was truly fascinating.  It covered his entire life, from his birth to the aftermath of his death.  The information provided on his life was factual and very well researched.  I really enjoyed the flow of the reading of this biography. The words sailed nicely across the page.  This book was unique in its shape, as it was a little more boxy, however, the larger font and use of extensive pictures made it well worth the unusual shape.  The pictures were what made the book what it was.  Almost every page contained pictures of John Lennon, his band members, his family members, or anything that pertained to his life (school mascots, school emblems, and influential artists).  The narrative voice was unbiased and stuck to only telling the truth of John Lennon's life. 
Genre: Biography, Autobiography, or Memoir

No comments:

Post a Comment